Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Quilting and more macarons ….

IMG_6838
IMG_6852
A quilt I have been working on – my first attempt at hand quilting . I quite like the effect ( I want the stitches to show)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A macaron failure. I tried to make vanilla macarons but the mixture was too thick . They ended up more like meringues. However they still tasted ok when I filled them with a lemon curd and mascapone mixture : ) .IMG_6849
I bought this book at  'Bookfeast'  in Petone :
image
And my first attempt from it didn’t work either. So I’m going to have a go making the chocolate ones again . (the family is enjoying all these baking tests!)
I bought these macarons from one of my local French bakeries but they don’t look like the ‘Luxemburgerli’ or the ones from the book above, and they tasted like Chocolate Brownies.
IMG_6841
When I get the recipe and technique right I’ll let you know ..
R x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those Macarons look nice. When are you getting the technique right?