Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A finished project and more underway

IMG_6855
Well,  a combination of a wet couple of weeks and a cold going through the family means some projects have been finished and some have had to wait their turn.  I finished crocheting the ‘Granny Square ‘ blanket and sewed it up this weekend . A total of 19 balls of wool and at least 12 colours I think. It looks good on the couch in my lounge :
IMG_6856
It’s great for snuggling up under by the fire !  When you crochet the resulting garment is twice the thickness of a knitted garment so it’s toasty warm.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have managed to spend a little time in my studio and made these two books from a couple of recycled whiskey bottle boxes.  They turned out quite well I think – I used my new ‘corner’ punch to round the corners of them . Each has about 30 pages of lined, graph and plain paper. Simple pamphlet binding.
IMG_6862

IMG_6866
Hubby  has already grabbed one – said he will use it for ‘tasting notes’  : )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also have made a new screen and have some fabric printing underway :
IMG_6868
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I found this book in a second hand shop and have ‘warped’ my loom again and am experimenting with ‘texture and pattern’ in some sample weaving :
IMG_6872
I was really please to find this as the publishing date was 1980 and I don’t think it’s in print any more!

Hope you are keeping warm where ever you are.
R x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi nice blanket

Anonymous said...

This is from daughter 4:
Hi Mum I love your blanket it's warm :)